The area around the new central railway station in Rotterdam is called the Rotterdam Central District. Most of time when you are in the Rotterdam Central District, you are likely to be on the go and maybe in a hurry to catch your train. But if you do have some spare time, there are great places to have something to eat or drink, before catching your train.
These hotspots are my favourites:
- Dudok On mornings that I am in a hurry, but still want to grab a quick drink to take on the train, I go to Dudok for a cup of tea and a brownie. Dudok is an iconic grand café in the city’s centre (mostly known for their great apple pie) and now they have 2 ‘take away’ cafés in central station.
- Ontbijtbar Very close to central station, you can find De Ontbijtbar. This is a place where you can relax in the sun and enjoy your breakfast on your way to the train. If you are in a hurry you can also take away food, but know that most of the food is freshly made so it may take a few minutes. My previous blog about this place you can find here.
- Booon the only place on this list that is located at the back of Central station, on the north side of Rotterdam. This is a modern Italian place, where you can order good coffee, lunch and pastries, but also Italian finger food and a Limoncello after work.
- Lebkov & Sons For great coffee and good sandwiches, I go to Lebkov just outside of the central station. The interior is very light, with black and white details. The service is correct and fast and the food nice and fresh.
- Stations Huiskamer Love the look of this place so much! It is a little bit hidden in the central station, above the grand hallway, but it is a really good spot. Great design furniture, a warm interior and a good view into the grand hallway of the station, make this place great for a meeting, waiting for your train or relaxing. At the same time you can observe the crowds that are moving below. The delay of your train is perhaps not that bad after all……
What is your favourite place in the Rotterdam Central District??